How to share my Windows PC Internet connection to a router
This is the most efficient way to share your Windows PCs internet connection to your router. This set up is also advisable if you're connecting to a public internet or if your connection is limited to a number of connected devices. This article shows you the steps to do this.
- Internal Wi-Fi card, External Wi-Fi USB adapter (optional).
- Internal Ethernet card, External Ethernet USB adapter (optional).
Step 1: Purchase Connectify Hotspot PRO or MAX from the Connectify website. While there is a free trial version of Connectify Hotspot, sharing 3G/4G or Ethernet connections as Wi-Fi is only available in the PRO and MAX versions.
Step 2: There are several ways to get an internet connection to your computer. Please see these options below.
- How to Connect your Windows PC to Internet via Wired Ethernet
- How to Connect your Windows PC to Internet via Wi-Fi
- How to Connect your PC to Internet using a USB 3G/4G LTE Dongle
- How to Tether an Android to a PC via PDANet+: Wi-Fi
- How to Tether an Android to a PC via PDANet+: USB
- How to Tether an Android to your PC via Wi-Fi
- How to Tether an Android to your PC via USB
- How to Tether an iPhone or iPad to your PC via Wi-Fi
- How to Tether an iPhone or iPad to your PC via USB
Step 3. Open Connectify Hotspot and choose Wired Router.
Step 4: Make sure your preferred Windows internet connection source is selected from the ‘Internet to Share’ dropdown. Icons next to each adapter tell you what kind of Internet connection you’re selecting.
Step 5: Choose Routed under Network Access. Learn more about the difference between Routed and Bridged mode by clicking this LINK.
Step 6: Share Over should be set to your Ethernet Adapter.
Optional: Choose the ' Ad Blocker' option as this feature will save you a lot of data. Learn more about the universal ad blocker in Connectify Hotspot.
Step 7: Click the ‘Start Hotspot’ button to begin sharing your Internet connection to your router.