Connectify Hotspot gives me a 'Error during driver install'
This may happen when another application is blocking Connectify Hotspot's driver from installing.
If you have Kaspersky, you need to either uninstall Kaspersky, or disable Self-Defense in Kaspersky. Kaspersky blocks Connectify's driver install when Kaspersky is disabled.
Please follow the steps below to install Connectify Hotspot:
Solution A - Download http://downloads2.connectify.me/DriverInstallPermissionsFix.bat to your computer, save it as DriverInstallPermissionsFix.bat to your Desktop or Downloads folder (or wherever you like). Then doubleclick to run the file. It may prompt you for Administrator access. After this runs, try running the Connectify installer again.
Solution B - Make sure that the Device Install Service is not set to disabled. To do this:
- Open the Services window by searching in your Start Menu or Start Screen for 'Services'. This may show as 'View Local Services'.
- In this window, scroll down to Device Install Service.
- Right click on the entry and choose Properties.
- On the General tab, make sure that Startup type is not set to Disabled. If the Startup type was set to disabled, try running the Connectify installer again. If the Startup type was already Manual or Automatic, you may proceed to the next solution.
Solution C - Save the Connectify installer to your desktop, and reboot in to Safe Mode. Next, reboot in to Safe Mode.
- For Windows 7 : http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/safe-mode-windows-7.htm
- For Windows 8/8.1 : http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/ss/windows-8-safe-mode.htm
- For Windows 10: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2569556/safe-mode-windows.html
Run the Connectify installer in safe mode. After this completes, you may reboot in to Windows normally. You may need to run the installer one more time. However, it will not need to install the driver anymore and so should complete successfully.
If you upgraded to Windows 10 from a prior version of Windows, please see our Windows 10 documentation for more information.