My devices frequently disconnect from my hotspot
There could be a number of things causing your Connectify Hotspot to be unstable. Below are the most common reasons:
- Your wireless drivers could be out-of-date.
See here how to update your WiFi drivers: https://support.connectify.me/article/354-how-to-update-your-wireless-wifi-driver
- Your wireless adapter could be turning itself off.
See how to manage that: https://support.connectify.me/article/355-how-to-disable-adapter-power-management
- There could be wireless interference. There are no natural sources of radio noise in the Wi-Fi band, but there are plenty of man-made sources, like microwave ovens, cordless phones, game consoles, AV equipment, etc.
You might be able to fix your problem simply by moving things around.
If the above suggestions don't help, here's what you could also try:
- Use a tool such as WiFi Analyzer for Android or inSSIDer to view the networks around you. You might be able to fix your problem simply by moving things around. Your Connectify Hotspot will use the same channel as the WiFi network your PC is connected to, so changing the channel settings on your router will also change the channel of your Connectify Hotspot.
- Try setting a static IP address for your device. Learn how to do that here: https://support.connectify.me/article/194-custom-dhcp-controls.