How to share my Windows PC Internet connection to my other devices via Wi-Fi
This is the most efficient way to share your Windows PCs internet connection to your other WiFi-capable devices. This set up is also advisable if you're connecting to a public internet or if your connection is limited to a number of connected devices. This article shows you the steps to do this.
- Internal Wi-Fi card, External Wi-Fi USB adapter (optional).
Step 1: Purchase Connectify Hotspot PRO or MAX from the Connectify website. While there is a free trial version of Connectify Hotspot, sharing 3G/4G or Ethernet connections as WiFi is only available in the PRO and MAX versions.
Step 2: There are several ways to get an internet connection to your computer. Please see these options below.
- How to Connect your Windows PC to Internet via Wired Ethernet
- How to Connect your Windows PC to Internet via WiFi
- How to Connect your PC to Internet using a USB 3G/4G LTE Dongle
- How to Tether an Android to a PC via PDANet+: Wi-Fi
- How to Tether an Android to a PC via PDANet+: USB
- How to Tether an Android to your PC via WiFi
- How to Tether an Android to your PC via USB
- How to Tether an iPhone or iPad to your PC via WiFi
- How to Tether an iPhone or iPad to your PC via USB
Step 3. Open Connectify Hotspot and choose Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Step 4: Make sure your preferred Windows internet connection source is selected from the ‘Internet to Share’ dropdown. Icons next to each adapter tell you what kind of Internet connection you’re selecting.
Step 5: Choose between Routed or Bridged. Learn more about the difference between Routed and Bridged mode by clicking this LINK.
Step 6: Give your hotspot a name (SSID) and password. The hotspot name is the network name that other devices will see and connect to using your unique password. Your Connectify Hotspot is a real, working hotspot that you use just like any other wireless network.
Optional: Choose the 'Ad Blocker' option as this feature will save you a lot of data. Learn more about the universal ad blocker in Connectify Hotspot.
Step 7: Click the ‘Start Hotspot’ button to begin sharing your Internet connection with your other WiFi-capable devices.