Connectify Hotspot does not detect a Wi-Fi Adapter
In order to create a Wi-Fi Hotspot, your computer needs a Wi-Fi adapter. If you have a Wi-Fi adapter and Connectify is not detecting it, you may have it disabled. Here is a checklist you should go through:
Do you have a Wi-Fi adapter installed on your computer?
- Open Connectify Hotspot and go to Tools > Network Connections.
- Look for your wireless adapter and make sure it is enabled. If it's disabled, right-click on it and enable it from the popup menu.
If you do not have a Wi-Fi adapter, you will need to purchase one in order to create a Wi-Fi hotspot. Please note that there are many USB adapters/dongles available on the market that you can use with Connectify Hotspot.
Is the Wi-Fi adapter connected and active?
- If you have a USB Wi-Fi dongle please check that it is fully inserted into your computer.
- If you are using a laptop, please be aware that many laptops have a switch that can turn your wireless adapter ON/OFF. Sometimes this is a physical hardware switch that can be found on the side of your computer. Please make sure it’s in the ‘ON’ position.
- Check to see if there is a keyboard shortcut such as Fn+F8 (the specific F# key for your computer usually shows a little Wi-Fi logo on it). Make sure the keyboard shortcut isn't disabling your adapter.
- If you are running Windows 8 or newer, you should also check that you do not have "Airplane mode" enabled.
- Your adapter could be disabled by a BIOS setting if your computer detects Ethernet is in use while connected over WiFi. Looking for an option along the lines of 'Auto LAN/WAN' switching in the BIOS and disabling it might resolve that issue.
Is your Wi-Fi adapter used by other software/apps?
- If you are running any connection management software, such as a 3G or 4G dialer, these may be disabling your Wi-Fi adapter when you are connected to another network.
- Lastly, if Connectify can't detect your Wi-Fi adapter, it might be because it's part of a network bridge. Removing the bridge will fix the issue.
Connectify Hotspot detected my Wi-Fi adapter, but still doesn't work
In this case, you need to make sure you have the latest drivers for your Wi-Fi adapter installed. Learn more on how to update the drivers here: https://support.connectify.me/article/354-how-to-update-your-wireless-wifi-driver.