Emojis and Connectify 2018
Use emojis to give color to your Connectify Hotspot
Since their creation in the late 1990s in Japan, the use of emojis has gotten bigger every year, but the year in which it really exploded was 2015 when it began to be supported in most operating systems and devices.
Good news for all Connectify Hotspot users out there: along with our newer Connectify Hotspot version, we introduced the fun element: you can now use emojis to customize your hotspot name. We have the whole list available - take a look below to see the supported emojis.
😀 😃 😄 😁 😆 😅 😂 🤣 😊 😇 🙂 🙃 😉 😌 😍 😘 😗 😙 😚 😋 😜 😝 😛 🤑 🤗 🤓 😎
Just choose your favorite emoji(s) from the list when you are setting up the hotspot’s name. If you want to get rid of the “Connectify-” prefix of the hotspot name and also get access to more advanced features such as the repeater more and bridging more, please go to the Connectify Hotspot store and get a license.
Using Emojis in 3 steps
1. Click on the Emoji Icon next to the text box under Hotspot Name
2. Choose your emoji
Click 'Start Hotspot' to view your named hotspot with the chosen emoji.
Things to Know about Emojis
- It's Unicode! You can use any of the standard languages or emojis.
- Most computers and phones support Unicode and emojis. (Windows 7 computers can broadcast emojis in their SSID but they can be seen as a little jumbled in the network picker)
- You don't have to use our little emoji keyboard. Windows 10's onscreen keyboard has a nice emoji mode!
- You can cut and paste emojis from sites like getemoji.com and emojifaces.org if you want.
- How they look depends on the software that's looking at them. So iPhones show slightly different images than Android or Windows for example. They will ALL look better than the text box that we have right now that only shows the black and white.