I'm having trouble activating my license
Did you follow the steps for activating Connectify Hotspot? Learn more about that at https://support.connectify.me/article/14-how-do-i-activate-connectify-hotspot. There's also a video tutorial you can check out on how to activate your Connectify Hotspot License at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDs2hJIEKQo.
If Connectify is having trouble contacting the activation server here are some things to try:
- Check that you are connected to the Internet.
- Connectify will attempt to make a secure connection to the activation server, make sure that you are on a network that allows secure traffic, such as https.
- Check that the date and time on your computer are correct. Having the incorrect date and time can prevent Connectify from successfully making the secure connection.
- Check that there is not a firewall blocking Connectify from accessing the Internet. Specifically, the program making the activation request will be ConnectifyGopher.exe, located in C:\Program Files\Connectify for 32-bit or C:\Program Files (x86)\Connectify for 64-bit.
- If you are using a proxy on your Internet connection, this can sometimes prevent the activation window from loading correctly.
- If you have previously ran a cracked or pirated version of Connectify Hotspot, this old version may have left your system in a corrupted state. We recommend that you completely uninstall Connectify Hotspot, run a full anti-virus scan, and re-download Connectify from us at https://www.connectify.me/download You may also need to reset your hosts file, located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. You may delete this file and reboot Windows to fully remove any corrupted entries the crack may have placed in there.