Guide: Sharing internet from your PC to a router via Ethernet
Do you want to save money while connected to hotels while enjoying connection across all your devices using your router? Do you want to share any Type of Internet Connection with all your devices via your router: share Internet from existing WiFi networks, LAN, DSL, 3G/4G, even tethered smartphones?
If you'd like to use your PC to share your internet via a router then you're in the right place! With Connectify Hotspot, you can connect your router to your PC via an Ethernet cable so that all your Ethernet-connected devices can get an internet connection.
Here's how you can use Connectify Hotspot to share your internet connection to a router.
- Install Connectify Hotspot on your PC.
- Connect your PC to the Internet. You can connect to the WiFi network that's being broadcast by your ISP modem or router, or just use a nearby public WiFi network.
- Connect the ethernet cable from your computer to the WAN port of the router (or in any port if you're using an ethernet switch). This should be a different router or switch than the one from your ISP.
- Run Connectify Hotspot in Wired Router mode. (NOTE: The Wired Router mode is only available for Connectify Hotspot PRO and Connectify Hotspot MAX)
- Set Share Over to the Ethernet adapter of your computer.
- Set the Internet to share to your preferred Ethernet adapter.
- Set the Network access to routed.
That's it! You are now sharing your connection with all devices via your router!